Wednesday 8 May 2019

Why I rejected Yagba East Administrator’s appointment

I wish to thank the Yagba East Local Government Administrator for considering me worthy of being appointed as one of his Senior Special Advisers. It is however unfortunate that I was not consulted before the appointment was made. However, I humbly request to be excused as I will not be taking the appointment based on many reasons.
Firstly, having looked at the increasing state of hunger, starvation and untold hardship being experienced by civil servants which have led to death of many of the workers and businesses folding up with no sign of hope in any time soon. Also our healthcare, education and economy are getting worse by the day; from underpayment, irregular payment to outright non-payment of salaries for months.
Secondly, my political Leader (Elder Leke Abejide) would have no part with this administration and it will be a disservice for me to pitch my tent with APC led Government in Kogi State.
Finally, after weighing my options and consulting thoroughly, I have decided to reject the appointment. I wish the Administrator the wisdom to pilot the affairs of Yagba East towards peace and progress.

*Ibikunle Bukola*
*Ward 09*

1 comment: